Oxwall 1.8.2 is available for download immediately.
All details about the release can be found in our beta highlight (complete changelog can be found here). You are now invited to explore this first release of 2016 and offer your feedback.
Important for users: If you are running Oxwall of any previous version, you are encouraged to wait until the auto-update prompt appears in your admin area. Before you attempt it, make sure to:
- Back up your website. Seriously, folks, better safe than sorry;
- Run the platform update first, only after that run all available plugin updates;
- Run theme update also only after the platform update.
If you don’t want to perform the update yourself, check companies and contractors specializing in Oxwall support.
Oxwall 1.8.2 beta lands today as we continue our journey through 2016. This is a release aimed at making the life of third party developers easier, as well as addressing some important backend issues. Most notably:
- Oxwall plugins now support changelogs that will be displayed in the admin area before the update. Now it will be easier to understand what the update has for you. If you are a third party developer, here’s how to add a changelog to your plugin update: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:how-to-add-changelog-to-updated-plugin
- Commercial item validation mechanism is improved;
- Oxwall now requires PHP 5.5 minimum.
Complete changelog is here.
Oxwall 1.8.2 beta is available immediately for beta testers. All developers and designers are encouraged to test their items on the new release to ensure compatibility.
How to become an Oxwall beta tester: https://docs.oxwall.org/dev:store:beta-testers
ATTENTION: This is a beta release which is unsuitable for applying on live websites, hence we do not provide any update tools. Please, wait for the official release – it will show up as the update button in your admin area.
The official Oxwall 1.8.2 release is scheduled for March 22.
Thanks for creating with us!