Oxwall 1.5.2 Released
Right when you didn’t expect it, (oh wait, you did) Oxwall 1.5.2 hits the Earth. This is a scheduled maintenance release that you are recommended to use over all previous versions.
Available for immediate download: oxwall.org/download
The new theme
Meet Showcase theme!
This new plugin is for connecting your website to your Cloudflare account. It allows you to decrease your page load time by 20-30%, decrease hosting server load time, and maintain your website up for static content when it’s actually down.
We recommend Cloudflare because we use it at Oxwall.org. They also have a free plan.
View setup manual.
IE8 support drop
With this release we decided to pull the plug on IE8 support. It’s an old, insecure, standards-be-damned, dead-on-arrival browser by Microsoft that clearly shouldn’t be used at this point.
Starting with 1.5.2, Oxwall no longer supports IE8, and this is good news for everybody: 1) if you are still using IE8, here’s a nice little reason #598453739842035609 to drop it and download a better, newer, more secure browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox. 2) if you don’t use it, you will enjoy faster development cycles from our team.
– Changelog –
- run the cron job on page refresh
- redesigned tag input
- direct permissions management for index/dashboard/my profile widgets.
- fixed minor issues with the default Origin theme
- fixed glitch with single choice/drop down profile questions
- installation script now overwrites config.php if permissions are allowed
- fixed markup issue on Privacy&Permissions page in admin area
- fixed markup issue on Pages&Menus page when too many menu items are added to the main menu area
- rss widget: links now open in new window
- added default delimiters in toolbar for IPC decorator
- redesigned “Choose theme” page in admin area
- fixed an ability to remove account type if any profile questions are assigned to it
- fixed a glitch with too long titiles for widgets on site index/dashboard/profile view pages
- added an option for users to receive notifications immediately
- added notification when someone posts a status on user’s profile page
- added invitation by email
- fixed facebook invitation page
- added HTTPS support for facebook import configuration (Secure Canvas URL)
- added “Upload photos” button on “view photo album” page
- redesigned comment box – redesigned “Add photo” page
- Mailbox: fixed markup issues
- Blogs: added My Drafts button
- Events: redesigned attendance buttons
- Newsfeed: fixed a link to profile in birthdate entry
- Forum: changed the way attachments are named
– Upgrade –
As always, do not forget to back up your sites before launching the update, just in case, as an extra precaution.
- Back up your site
- Update the platform (Instructions)
- Update all of the installed plugins
- Update your themes.