Wonderful news everyone! Oxwall Software is now available through Simple Scripts.
Simple Scripts is a hosted service, which allows instant one-click installation of over 70 top web applications. We are now in the great company of WordPress, Joomla, Roundcube, Drupal, and many others.
In a nutshell, Simple Scripts works though a choice number of popular control panels (including cPanel), and takes care of any issues with support, maintenance, updates, etc. The current version available is our latest release Oxwal 1.2.4.
In addition to Simple Scripts, Oxwall is also available through Softaculous, a similar web service that allows instant software installation. We believe this brings our free and open source platform even closer to the community.
Following up on the most recent post about the New Release Scheduling System, I’m bringing you the news about the new Oxwall Update.
According to the new schedule, we have completed the Quality Group Testing last week and are now ready for the public release. This time it is a combination of a major bug sweep operation, as well as the introduction of several key improvements and new features.
As always, don’t forget to follow three easy but crucial steps during the update:
- Back up your site
- Install the update
- Upgrade themes
Here is what’s in store:
- Introduction of oEmbed compatibility for the Newsfeed (pasting a link into the Newsfeed will now generate a summary with title, picture or video, like in Facebook or Google+):
- Introduction of Photo and Video Attachments for Status Updates and Comments:
- Major improvement in Newsfeed response time and server load;
- Elimination of WYSIWYG input in Status Updates and Comments (since it didn’t work with iPhones and iPads);
- Birthday Lists are functioning properly now;
- Addition of Military Time in Events;
- Numerous minor improvements system-wide;
- Numerous minor bug fixes;
Enjoy the Update and lets us know what you think in the comments or in the forum.