Following up on the most recent post about the New Release Scheduling System, I’m bringing you the news about the new Oxwall Update.
According to the new schedule, we have completed the Quality Group Testing last week and are now ready for the public release. This time it is a combination of a major bug sweep operation, as well as the introduction of several key improvements and new features.
As always, don’t forget to follow three easy but crucial steps during the update:
- Back up your site
- Install the update
- Upgrade themes
Here is what’s in store:
- Introduction of oEmbed compatibility for the Newsfeed (pasting a link into the Newsfeed will now generate a summary with title, picture or video, like in Facebook or Google+):
- Introduction of Photo and Video Attachments for Status Updates and Comments:
- Major improvement in Newsfeed response time and server load;
- Elimination of WYSIWYG input in Status Updates and Comments (since it didn’t work with iPhones and iPads);
- Birthday Lists are functioning properly now;
- Addition of Military Time in Events;
- Numerous minor improvements system-wide;
- Numerous minor bug fixes;
Enjoy the Update and lets us know what you think in the comments or in the forum.