(Dear users, remember to follow the UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS BELLOW precisely (even with autoupdate)!
Oxwall Foundation is proud to announce the long-awaited Update to 1.2.
We consider this a major step forward, as both admins and users will see the results of the Update across the entire platform.
You might already know that this release brings you an Advanced Photo Upload, More Privacy Options, an Enhanced Newsfeed, and Improved Text Input. (For more details on these features please refer to the wonderful post by Oxwall Founder Emil). Alternatively, you can read on for a point-by-point explanation of the changes we made to the software.
- Enhanced Text Input
- My Preferences now include subscription options for Mass Mailing
- Mass Mailing now sent only to active (non-suspended) users
- New option to create a customizable Welcome Letter
- Favicon change in page settings
NEW PRIVACY PLUGIN
Download and install this new plugin from Oxwall Store (but only after you upgrade the platform to 1.2). After the Privacy Plugin is activated in the Admin Area, network members will have several options for setting up their profile and content privacy. All other plugins across the platform will be affected correspondingly.
TWO NEW THEMES
Advanced Photo Uploader
- Upload up to 100 photos at once
- Rotate and auto re-size
- Add tags and descriptions
- Now corresponds to privacy options
- Improved news item relevancy system (promotes only member-related news items)
- Improved news item dynamics (shows only recent actions related to news items grouped, as opposed to several news items for every similar action)
- The long awaited Newsfeed content customization options for admins
- Sound notifications for messages
- ‘Friends Only’ or ‘View All’ modes
- Mailbox captchas for sending bulk messages
- Options to turn off file attachments and set allowed file sizes
- Newsfeed birthday notifications
- Various minor bug fixes
Update: File Permissions
Keep in mind, themes need to be updated too. ‘Graphite’ and ‘Club’ will be auto-updated since they are in the package but other themes require your attention. Download your updated theme from the Store. If you made any changes in files, you will have to merge them with the new ones since they contain important fixes and additions. If you didn’t change anything in files directly but in admin area only, feel free to overwrite the theme folder ow_themes/your-theme
Oxwall Foundation is truly grateful to the entire community for its support and understanding during the prolonged waiting cycle, as well as assistance and feedback during the actual development. We are really proud of our work and hope that our efforts will improve your Oxwall experience even further.
*UPDATE*: To kill some minor bugs that aren’t showstoppers (but are annoying to know about) we’ve just pushed 1.2.1 update. Apply it with all above instructions. If you already have 1.2 working just wait for autoupdate to popup and press it with no hesitation!