Here’s a nice new release from the Oxwall headquarters – Oxwall 1.0 RC2. This is a maintenance release as we head towards 1.0 stable.
IMPORTANT: UPDATE PLATFORM CORE BEFORE UPDATING ANY PLUGINS!
We discovered a minor problem that affected all previous releases. You need to update platform first, otherwise you may end up with various plugin problems or a _fully broken_ site.
This is the list of changes (although not complete):
– Admin can now manually change “unverified” user email status to verified.
– Page edit, “back” button fixed.
– Page add, spaces are no more allowed in URL.
– Profile question description edit fixed.
– “Autosuggest” input now has better response.
– Mailbox icon in avatar widget now correctly checks if mailbox plugin is present.
– User lists now respect display name preference.
– Quoted location fixed in post input.
– “Browse by tag” sorting fixed.
– “Editing blog post” now doesn’t change its date.
– Text formatting while writing text is now more convenient.
– Fixed display for single country selection.
Blogs, Forum, Photo, Video, Links:
– ‘View’ permissions now support additional pages, like view latest, browse by tags, albums, etc.
When you do actually perform all updates and take your time to enjoy your new, ever-strong community site, do something good while you’re at it – kiss your wife, go play with kids in the park, plant a tree, quit smoking, say “sorry” to someone, or call the old friend you almost forgot about.
*UPDATE*: Autoupdates will be open on Monday. If you want to upgrade right now, go for manual update.